Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Q-tips and Clothes Pins

We watched several shorts in class yesterday that were very interesting. Before we even discussed the Norman McLaren work I was thinking it reminded me of the part in Fantasia when the string dances to the music. The tongue used in Jan Svankmajer’s Dimensions in Dialogue was a little too gross for me, but the idea of the short was very unique. After watching Kaboom I was very excited about doing the Multi-Plane Animation assignment. I’ve been gathering items to use from around my apartment. My roommate will think I’ve gone crazy when she comes home from work one of these days to find me playing with clothes pins and Q-tips like a kid would with Barbies. I’m going to fill a bookbag full of small objects from Happy Meal toys to jelly beans to soap; whatever will fit.

No comments: